Tickets Now On Sale
Note: pricing is higher at the door. Ticket prices include all service charges and taxes.
*You do not need physical tickets to attend the films. Once you purchase tickets, your name will be on a list that we will have at the box office.
If your tickets are under someone else's name, please make sure that you tell us that person's name at the door, in addition to your own.
General Tickets: $14
Students & Seniors: $12
Friday Double Feature (The Other Story & Leona): $20
Saturday Evening Film & Reception: $18 - SOLD OUT
Sunday Double Feature (Fig Tree & Shorts Series): $20
Festival Pass (7 films including Saturday Reception): $80 - SOLD OUT
About The AJFF
The Atlantic Jewish Film Festival (AJFF) is presented by the Atlantic Jewish Council. The festival provides an opportunity for the public to experience the Jewish world through film in Halifax. We offer film lovers documentaries, comedies and dramas that otherwise would not screen in Nova Scotia. We choose films to engage, entertain and educate a diverse, inclusive audience.
Following the success of last fall’s 5th Atlantic Jewish Film Festival, the AJFF organizing committee is excited to announce another great year of engaging films highlighting Jewish life and culture around the world.
About the Atlantic Jewish Council
The Atlantic Jewish Council (AJC) has been the cornerstone of Jewish life in the Atlantic Canadian provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, and Newfoundland & Labrador) since 1975, acting as the organized Jewish community’s representative and program/service provider for non-religious matters. With only a small staff complement and a modest budget, the AJC relies on the support of over 100 volunteers across Atlantic Canada to move the needle on our eight strategic priorities:
- Building a sense of Jewish community across Atlantic Canada;
- Strengthening Jewish identity amongst the Jews of Atlantic Canada, especially our youth;
- Reinforcing the regional identity of the Atlantic Canadian Jewish community;
- Supporting and connecting Atlantic Canadians to Israel;
- Educating about the Holocaust and human rights;
- Helping those in need in our community;
- Fostering relationships with and representing the Atlantic Jewish population to all levels of government, academic institutions, and Jewish and general organizations at both the national and local level; and
- Educating the community of Atlantic Canada at large about Judaism.
The AJC is happy to once again present the Atlantic Jewish Film Festival.
2019 COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Chair: Lynn Rotin
Philip Belitsky | Rosalind Belitsky | Jon Goldberg | Anna Hazankin | Linda Law | Edna LeVine | Naomi Rosenfeld | Jordan Schelew | Peggy Walt